Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I wish I'd gotten a picture.

Today I went to the fitness store to get a magazine holder for my treadmill. Jeff waited in the car because it's a small item and I'll be right back. So I go in, and the only sales guy is asleep. He's sitting behind the counter with his hands on the counter and his head hanging between his arms. His whole body vibrates with every snore. And make no mistake, he's snoring something fierce.

hello? .... Hello....HELLOOOOO!
Sir? .... Excuse me?... HEY!

I go outside to tell Jeff I can't wake him up. He says try again.

I tried again adding a loud knock on the counter and poking him with a pen. Still nothing. I go back to the car for my phone, grab a business card and call him. He kind of grumbles when the phone rings, but he STILL doesn't wake up. I left a message that sounded something like, "You're asleep. I'm standing right next to you and I don't know what to do."

Finally, someone who turned out to be a friend of his walked in. He was comfortable going behind the counter and shaking the guy awake. He explained his friend was on pain killers. Want to talk about embarassed? Try the moment he saw all the drool on his shirt. I felt really bad. I should have just let the poor baby sleep.

In the end he gave me the nicer one for the price of the cheaper one. After I left I realized....If I only had my camera!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hilarious. And I thought I was a deep sleeper (and drooler).

Anonymous said...

That's so funny...

what a poor guy... but I can relate to him... I am on painkillers right now too... but even without it... I could sleep everywhere... lol...

Andrea

Deanna said...

So sorry you didn't have your camera!

Kim said...

FuuhNNY!

M,R,J1,J2 said...

LOL! We have a guy here at work who does the same thing (it's a long story, but let's just say, his job is secure here). Everytime I see him sleeping at his desk and snoring up a storm, evil thoughts on how to wake him up and scare him half to death cross my mind! Any suggestions? LOL!
Micha
Orlando, FL
LID: 05/24/06