Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter Talk

If you don't know already (but I don't know how you could have missed it), I work for the post office. This morning we received "The Harry Potter Talk" We were given clear instructions on delivery. We are absolutely not to deliver them on Friday! We are to ensure that every book is delivered on Saturday. If we return to the post office with an undelivered book, we will be sent right back out.

We were also encouraged to knock and wait for someone to physically hand the book to, instead of our typical ring-and-run, in an effort to prevent thievery. Fortunately, I'm still off on Saturday and won't have to deal with it.

I've been with the post office for over 10 years and to my recollection, we have never had a meeting to discuss a single mailing. Its all very exciting!! (for dorks like me)

3 comments:

Mick said...

Dork, eh?
I wasn't aware you were such a children's book fan?
I think Harry dies. LOL.... okay, that was mean, but very funny.

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Whaaat, Harry dies? No way!
I had no idea the PO is taking the Harry Potter book delivery so serious.
Somehow I feel totally uncool, I didn't even know a new Harry Potter book was coming out, therefore, I didn't pre-order, I'm not going to a midnight sales party. Where have I been?
Harry Potter fans check this out -RingRingMobile.com You can get a Harry Potter ringtone.

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

We got our copy. Did you get yours? Matt finished it already and now it's my turn. I don't want to hear anything about it yet so I'll be spending the day reading, well, after checking out the blogs!