Friday, August 12, 2011

Coming home

We have been back in our house for almost 24 hours. Its sweet! As for the trip home...

Flight #1 (Guangzhou to Seoul, 3.5hours) This flight was mainly about managing kiddie-boredom and policing the invisible line between the munchkins.

Our connection was so tight we had to hustle through the Seoul airport and went directly onto the next plane. I was worried about having no down time, and was sort of hoping to miss the connection to get a break between flights, but it all worked out for the best, for sure!

Flight #2 (Seoul to Atlanta, 13.5 hours) Ethan, my dear, dear boy fell asleep within the first 2 hours and stayed that way until a few hours before we landed. He can sleep in any position and stay that way through Zoe pats, kisses, kicks, and at one point, she was even laying on him. Zoe fell asleep just after dinner with the help of a little benedryl. She'd been sick....really! She drifted in and out a little and had a few wake up fussy moments, but for the vast majority of the flight it was just a matter of holding her and keeping her comfortable. My butt was numb and arms hurt, but trust me, I was happy for it. We actually had to wake her up as we were landing.

So now that we're home, we are all well rested, but on the wrong time. This afternoon we laid down for what I hoped would be a quick nap, but turned into a 10 hour snooze for everyone. Now its 11pm and we all up and wired. We'll eventually get to the right time, but I simply can not tell you how happy I am that every one of us is rested and on the same clock!

If I haven't called you, its because I planned to after our "nap" today. I'll try again tomorrow. Or if you're up in the middle of the night (Audrey) call me! I'm up!

2 comments:

Moosevine said...

Yay for being home & sleeping in your own bed & getting good sleep! I hear shopping in the middle of the night is great at your local 24-hr Walmart. ;) Hope you ditch the jet lag soon. So wishing we were there to see you all & meet Ethan. Glad for blogs & FB! Hugs!

China Dreams said...

Your post cracked me up! Not just the Benadryl thing but the description of Zoe sleeping (or not) and your 10 hour nap. It took us almost two full weeks to really get back on our own time. Good luck with it.

Ruby