Monday, August 04, 2008

Linda, Mom, Marmie, Nana

My mother passed away just over a week ago. Although she had been sick for a long time, her death was still unexpected. I miss her. I've tried to write about it over the past week, but nothing sounds right. I'm only putting this here now because I didn't feel right writing anything else until I addressed this giant hole in my heart.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just a "lurker." And love reading about your daughter. I am sorry to hear about your mother....my thoughts are with you.

Briana's Mom said...

I have been thinking about you so much this past week and I am glad you were finally able to post. Again, I am so sorry about your mom's passing.

Sending hugs...

Cindy said...

So sorry to hear the news. I hope that little Zoe helps you through this difficult time. Thinking of you.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

We were so sorry to hear about your mom. You, Deanna, and all of your family have been in our thoughts and prayers.

Mick said...

Always here for you.

Cristy said...

Another lurker who wanted to express my deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.

What a treasure to have such beautiful photos of your mother and your daughter together.

Johnny said...

So, so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. ((Hugs)) to you.

Angie said...

I, too, have been thinking about you all week. You, Jeff and all of your family have never been far from my thoughts... Much love comes your way.

Anonymous said...

Oh Georgia, wish I was there to give you a hug.

Today I read some of the emails your mother had written me. When she told me about Zoe's arrival, the utter joy shined through in big bold type. I'm so thankful that Zoe had a chance to know her Nana.

Much Love,

Jennifer

She Who Waits... said...

I'm just a lurker too but I couldn't read and not say how sorry I am about the loss of your mom :( She looked like a very loving lady.

(((hugs)))

Samantha said...

Oh, Georgia, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It is no doubt a tough time. I love the picture of her holding Zoe in the rocker. You can see that there was a lot of love between those two. Please know that I will be praying for your memories to be sweet and your grief to be lessened day by day.
Love, Samantha

mom to sophia said...

Hello Georgia,

I am really sorry to hear about your mother.

Danielle

Ellen said...

Georgia,
My deepest sympathies for your loss. Losing a parent really sucks! There is no other way to express it. What wonderful photos of Zoe and your mom.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I too lost my Mom this summer and have found it a hard adjustment to make. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your mom. I have followed your blog for some time now. While waiting to read the exciting news of your referral, I got a call that my dad had unexpectly passed away. I must tell you that the only thing that made me even smile a bit that day was learning that Zoe and I share a birthday! I truly understand the hole in your heart feeling. Although I will always feel broken on the inside, I do know that evey day seems to be a little easier to get through. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Tracy
matlockta@yahoo.com