Saturday, April 26, 2008

So much Goodness today!

We started off the day getting serious yard work done. Zoe played in her stroller in the yard and Jeff and I worked, worked, worked. Its wonderful to start getting things done around the house again.

We had a visit from Nana and Honey (my parents), which is always a treat. We missed the first nap of the day, but had an AWESOME 2 hour afternoon nap! Yeah!

We had a trip to Wally world for the week's groceries and a few sundries. We stayed way under budget. (Yes, we have one now.) And Zoe got a new sippy cup. She was having trouble with the first one I bought. No interest in it at all. In fact, she would cry every time I tried to get her to use it. Upon the recommendation of a friend (thanks, Lisa) we got one that much more closely resembled a bottle and nipple. It took a little work, but she used it! Not only that, we got her to hold it. And when it fell out, she could get it back in there! I almost started clapping for her, but I didn't want to scare her. I did, however, run for the camera. Soon, I hope, she'll figure out how to pick it up and get started herself.


And finally, to cap off an already fabulous and relaxing day around the house, Zoe went to bed with NO problems. No crying at all! Normally, a good night putting her down is when she falls asleep while taking her bottle. Otherwise, she starts crying as soon as the bottle is done and continues until she falls asleep. Tonight she finished the bottle and was still wide awake, but just stared at me. I rocked her and talked to her, and she kept looking at me. I walked her around the room and bounced her a bit and she was content to stay lying in my arms. She babbled back a bit and I was worried she wouldn't sleep, so I put her in her big girl bed and laid down next to her. She thrashed her head a bit as she always does falling asleep. She rolled around. Moaned some like she always does waking up and then she nodded off. It was amazing.

8 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Sounds like a great day and I'm glad that the sippy cup worked well for Zoe.

Anonymous said...

We will be moving to the sippy cup soon! What brand is it that you bought? We have had a problem with another one that we bought haven't attempted since then. Any hints would be wonderful!

Gail said...

Stumbled onto your blog from another.
Just wanted to say.
Congratulations! Your baby girl is beautiful. Looks like she is adjusting nicely!
I love your blog and will be adding it to my blogroll.
Did you have any problems downloading pics while in China?
Any suggestions?

p.s. Your referral video brought tears.

Mick said...

Awesome!
Way to go Zoe! You got a cheering team here!

Ani said...

what a great day for you all. glad that you found a cup that works well - we're still holding strong to the bottle at 2 and a half :)

Angie said...

What a great day!!

Scott says that Zoe got the "pick of the litter", with you & Jeff as parents. You're doing so well!!

Kim said...

Sounds like a Great Day..
LOVE the picture.. Zoe is just relaxing..
Have a Great Week..

Anonymous said...

What great progress. It was a really long time before we got the sleep thing down. You all are way ahead of schedule with sleeping and cups!!! What a sweet picture of Zoe!