We only have a few more minutes of free internet, so let me spill this really quickly and hopefully i"ll fill in with pictures later.
We had a fabulous FULL day today! At breakfast we met up with our friends, and found out that they had been fussy about changing rooms and therefore didn't have to. With them standing behind me, I meekly asked the desk lady/asst.manager if I could please stay where we are too, and she said fine. (although, we are apparently still loosing the internet...oh well)
After breakfast, changing money, and such, we headed to Lantau Island by bus to see the big Buddha. We did take the cable car to the top and it was amazing. At the top, surrounding the Buddha, there is a cultural tourist village with a gajillion souvenier shops and even a starbucks. We had vegetarian lunch at the Buddhist monastery, and then took a bus down the mountain to the ferry to get back to Hong Kong. The bus ride was Jeff's favorite part of the day. You could see so much and it was practically a Disney ride with the speed and the turns. After that we headed to Central Hong Kong and wandered around. And finally took a bus back to the hotel and then had a late dinner of burger, fries, and chocolate shake at the mall around the corner. It's a 7 story mall that we'll hopefully explore more tomorrow. It has an Ikea in the mall!
We walked so much today that Jeff and I are exhausted and will surely sleep very well tonight.
Tomorrow is another big day of touring, but this time with guides. I'm relieved to know the tour will be over in the early afternoon, so we can spend some time getting rested up for our big meeting the following day.
Oh, another big hit for Jeff is the cars. Many nice cars in Hong Kong. Today we saw and took pictures of a Mibach. I'm completely spelling that wrong, but it's a $450,000 car.
Okay, better go check e-mail and head to bed.
8 comments:
Sounds like you're having a great time with lots to FILL your time until you meet Zoe. So glad you're blogging!!! Can't wait 'til you meet her.
I visited the giant Buddha over ten years ago, when the only way to get to Lantau island was by ferry (they build all those bridges between Lantau and Kowloon after the new airport was constructed on Lantau). I don't even think they had a cable car going to the top of the Buddha, so instead we had to walk up all those stairs! I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Oh, did you know that Hong Kong has the most Rolls Royces in the world? Just a fun car fact!
You saw a Maybach???? Jeff is drooling - huge drooling! Our car guys. Sigh.
Jeff gets excited about the cars...not me. It's the "gajillion souvenier shops" that get me going.
I'm sooooo glad you can write much, and the pictures will be even better. Just think...in a matter of hours, Honey and I will get to see you with your little baby girl.
Love, love
I am so addicted to your blog excited as all get out for you guys. I cannot wait til you bring that little girl home and she and Bailey can be friends..Hee hee.... Shannon
Sounds like you had a great day! Hope you get a good night sleep. Get as much sleep as you can before Miss Zoe arrives!
Sounds like sooo much fun...
Have a Great Evening..
What a great view and what great day.
We are thinking of you .
We got a picture with me in front of a Maybach.... pretty awesome vehicle.
HUGS.
--M
Post a Comment