The weekends are nice and full of distractions, but here we are back to Monday, and I have 4 more days of when?when?when? to look forward to. I do have a few little projects to get ready for referral day. I need to get my list of questions ready for "the call." I'm going to pick my referral announcements. And I'm mentally planning how the day will go.
My agency waits a day after referrals arrive to make the calls. This gives them time to verify the babies are still available for adoption. I'm sure it will be torture watching everyone else announce referrals knowing we will have to wait another day. The only up side is that it won't be a surprise when the call comes. We can plan it out.
So far, we have decided to take the day off and take the call at home. I have my list of people to call. And then my list of people to e-mail. After the major excitement has settled down, I think we're going out to a nice dinner and then to BabiesRUs or Target to set up our registries. This is all flexible, of course. If I choose to sit on the sofa and stare at her picture for hours, I'll feel free to do that, too. :-)
The only thing left is actually when that day will be. Will the CCAA mail them out at the normal time (SOON), or will they wait until right before they leave for Chinese New Year? That would be the absolute latest. My guess is that they will be mailed some time this week, and I will get the call on Monday or Tuesday next week.
In order to help me pass the time, I have established a poll!! Everyone loves a poll! Its on the right. Please vote for what Province you think Zoe will come from. I've listed them somewhat in the most likely order. In other words, the Provinces my agency gets most referrals for are at the top.
9 comments:
Of course I'm voting for a spicy Chongqing cutie.
Goodness! It would be so cool if you got a spicy Chongqing girl too, but I have a feeling it will be Jiangxi girl.
I have butterflies for you! I hope you see Zoe's face in a few days!
Hey Georgia,
I have never posted a comment before but feel like I know you. I am friends with Debbie Layton and know Lisa and Lisa that have already posted comments. I voted for Chongqing because that is where my EllaKate is from just like Maisie and Briana. My blog is Blessed Beyond Belief @ redthreadconnection.blogspot.com
Blessings to you as you wait for that precious picture to arrive!!!
Shay
I am sooo excited for you..
I keep clicking on your blog to see if you have her picture yet...
I will be a mess whenever it is my turn..
You are doing really well..
Zoe will be here soon..
Have a Great Week..
OOOHhhhhhh!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!! And how's this for a small world...I used to go to church with Sharon Ankerich and just recently found her blog. She had just asked for a link to yours but found it through the Doves. Anyway, I'm getting all emotional this morning thinking about your daughter, my niece and how I can't wait to lay eyes on her!
She'll be here soon - WOO HOO!!!!
Of course I had to vote for Jiangxi. Regardless, she will be a very special girl and so lucky to have you as parents. Can't wait to hear the details!
Since I know nothing about the inner workings, I voted for the one you had a dream about! ;) Regardless of where she's from, you're going to see her face so soon!!!
We better be on that email list :) you silly-mama-to-be!! Dare needs to know where his next gal pal is coming from and whether she's of an age where "dates" might be a possbility....
Post a Comment