I'm getting weepy again, too. I almost started crying as we picked out paint today, because we are almost finally done with our house. Soon....finally. Also, the other day at work, we got this catalog that I love called Heifer, Int. In it you can order a cow for poor farms in Romania who will then provide food for a local orphange. You can buy Llamas for people in Peru, or a water buffalo for a village in Thailand. I flipped thru (er...I mean, one fell open) and I saw where you can buy geese for people in China. And that made me cry. In short, the wait is getting to me again.
It'll be another week or so before rumors about the next batch get cranked up and another 2 weeks or so until they actually arrive. If anyone would like to wager, I think the next cut-off will be December 9, 2005.
Until then, staying busy is the key. How are we staying busy? .... Well, home improvements are back underway. We're not doing the work ourselves anymore. We're busy and we want everything done before Christmas. We will have a handyman in the house for the next month or so. He's already replaced our front door from this mauve monstrosity...
He's also started on this room. Don't be scared! It can't hurt you. It has been the house dumping grounds for the past 2 years. I'll post the "after" picture later. You better tell me you like it, too, because picking the color almost made me cry today.
Today we also had a Hardscape guy come over to talk about fixing our drainage issue (which is hysterical because we're having a severe drought here in Georgia.) We thought the guys would be hurting for work, and cut us a deal. No such luck. And tomorrow we have the cabinet guy coming to tell us what he can do with our 80's kitchen nightmare. See?.....lot's going on here.
No time to think about adoption or babies.
5 comments:
All the work looks great! So what color did you pick? And Zoe will be here before you know it!
Love the new door! So pretty!
I hate that you are so weepy. I wish I could make time fly so much faster for you! Sending big hugs!
If you have a chance, please send me the hardscape guy's name if you like him and his work. We have a major drainage/driveway project that needs work. Also can't believe it but we too need to make some decision about the 1980s cabinets. Refacing? Maybe.
I remember that feeling all too well. I don't know how the time waiting seems to drag on forever and then finally when you do get your bundle of joy, days seem to pass like seconds and you wonder who put your life onto "warp speed" and where the heck was the warp speed button when you were waiting? I ramble, but I do understand. Once she comes, these days will only be distant memories of which you will not have time to remember :-)
Amy
za) I love the new door and the new color for the windows. I really liked your house before, but you keep making it even better.
b) Effin' wait - I'll bake you a cake so sugar-laden, you can start running to China. (ahem...I really like the idea of a pitty party).
c) You looked so excited about the kitchen project - do it, and don't feel bad about it. You deserve it, hear me? Can't wait to see it all finished. Hurry it up, will ya... more nachooooos!!!
d) Know I'm with you.
Hugs
--M
Post a Comment