We had two fabulous finds at the stores. Both of them were impulse buys. The first, a hedge trimmer. We already had a hedge trimmer, so this seems excessive and wasteful, but you must appreciate the hedge we have to trim, and consider the one we have is electric, the extention cord must be very long to reach the hedge, and I have already cut it twice. Also, our old one wasn't all that. The new one however!! Oh man, I have never had more fun with a power tool ever! It's light, battery powered, and mighty powerful. I went all around the yard cutting stuff. I told Jeff he should have bought me this years ago. You have a hedge needs some trimming? Let me know.
The other buy was Jeff's find. A piggy bank for Zoe. Is that the cutest thing, or what! It has a tiara and a tutu! If you must have one, too, we got it at target!
And if you have a moment tomorrow (Monday) find yourself a cupcake and help us celebrate our 20 month anniversary since LID. Also, we are fast approacing our 2 year anniversary since starting this whole process. Wow! Let me say again, it's a good thing I didn't know what we were getting into in the beginning. It's also a good thing I didn't realize what was happening to the wait as we went along. My refusal to accept reality kept me thinking, "just a little more", until now when it really is "just a little more."
12 comments:
Happy 20 months! Hopefully not too much longer!
Hi, I found your blog just by chance, while surfing for "birthday trees". Zoe is a name I love, so decided to have a peep at your blog .. when I realised you were waiting to adopt a little girl called Zoe, I went back to the beginning and read through .. I didn't realise it was such a long wait .. and admire your cheerful patience. When I decided to post a comment I found a picture of a cute little baby .. is that Zoe? I hope she comes home to you soon.
Sending you lots of luck and good vibes,
Nazu in India.
If your ever in the Alpharetta area, please stop by with your trimmer. We need you desparately.
Happy 20 months!
Happy 20th anniversary!!
Can I trim the hedges at Christmas time?
Magic power tools and futuristic appliances....your house is way cool!
I have trimmer envy! We have a Hedgehog trimmer, and it's my very favorite power tool (not that I have many others)! It's electric, and definitely not as nice as your new one, but I too love to go around the yard and trim nearly anything that looks vaguely bush-like. I don't think Eric's every gotten to use it. Trim on! :-)
P.S. Love the pig, too!
Glad you had a good weekend!!
Your hedges look great and I love the piggy bank!
I couldn't find a cupcake..so I ate a pickle...
Happy 20 Month LID Anniversary!
Love the pink pig bank....
Alyson
LID 01/27/06
WE have the same piggy bank! Couldnt resist it! I LOVE the name Zoe!
It's hard to resist...but be careful, everyone told us our girls would be tiny but my 9 month old was in 9-12 month clothes and all the 6 month stuff that I bought and washed from Carters ($200!) had to be handed down to a friend.
Tell you husband that, he'll be smiling at that dress when he knows how restrained you were!
Hayley
Post a Comment