Thursday, February 01, 2007

Referalls are in!

So...the cut-off appears to be October 13, 2005. Blugh!

That doesn't go with my plan of a May referral. It doesn't even go with my plan of a June referral. But July is nice too, right? July is lovely.

Here's the reasons July is lovely...

1. It most likely means September travel. Cooler weather, but still light packing.
2. I can easily stretch my leave thru Christmas.
3. Um....

Yeah, that's about it.

But still, end of July is only 6 more months. I can do that, right? We'll have no trouble saving money by then. My house should be friggin' fantastic by then. I'll get to work all summer and since the mail is light in the summer, it means easy overtime.

If you have any more ideas why July (or possibly later) might be a good thing, jump on in and let me know...I'm having a hard time convincing myself.

5 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Oh, July or later is the way to go, too figgin hot in Guangzhou in the summer. Honestly, being there in December was perfect weather. But of course for selfish reasons I'd rather have you go sooner so that Maisie's playmate Zoe is home sooner.

Briana's Mom said...

Yeah - I am pretty sure I will be in China in the hot & sticky summer. But I will be happy - sweat and all!

Deanna said...

You definitely do not want to be anywhere near Asia in the middle of the summer. Trust me on that one!

Alyson and Ford said...

Yep, we will be right after you - still hoping for referral in August. Traveling 8 weeks later will be cooler weather. Either way we are going when they tell us to go!!

Alyson

Trixie said...

July is my birthday month! It's wonderful. There's a 3 day weekend just made for going away and celebrating privately. It's the mid-point of the summer too. All the cute summer stuff starts to get discounted even though you can wear for another few months. You can buy cutie swimsuits up a size and for a steal!