I have quite a bit to catch up on and plenty of time to do it, since Jeff is currently occupied with the season premiere of "Beauty and the Geek." Oh yeah....not kidding. And don't worry, Deanna, we're recording it for you.
Christmas was quiet. Just us and my parents. It mostly involved eating too much and home improvements. I know you're thinking we must have redone our whole house by now. Sadly, no. We still have plenty to go. The area of activity this holiday seaon was the laundry room and adjoining half bath.
We turned this...

Into this....

Hmmm.....looking at the pictures it doesn't look like such a big change. You'll just have to trust me. We removed wallpaper, caulked, painted the trim and walls, and added new hardware and door knobs. Not changing the floor was a huge mistake, but c'mon.... We're not superheros.
I didn't take a before of the half bath, but here are the remnants. Yes, we've had a toilet in our yard for about a week.

It's really hard to take a picture of the world's tiniest bathroom (2x6) Here's the afters...


Here's a few Christmas pics from Mom's house.



As far as the adoption, we're inching our way towards referral. The CCAA has given referrals to those logged in thru 9/27. That means they need to cover 84 more days before they get to ours. I think no matter how you do the math we are set for a June or July referral. And that's fine. I have my moments of being upset. Like when I sent off my forms (and checks) to renew my I-797. That was a grumpy afternoon. But the wait itself doesn't get to me anymore.
7 months? No problem.
10 comments:
wow - that washer and dryer are huge! i have been so impressed with all your work around the house - it all looks great. and is that a childhood picture of you on the wall at your mom's house?! too cute!
You went from an outhouse to an inside 2x6 loo? Wonderful, this is what I call revolutionary industrialization - welcome to the 21st century. Indoor plumbing is most convenient! LOL -- okay, I'm kidding. It all looks really awesome! Nice job.
(Love the yard loo - bwah ha ha, I need to do this just tick off our HOA).
WOW.. you guys are turning that place into the IKEA North Showroom... i am impressed. Maybe we can just look at pics of your house and order the stuff online... no more driving to look at the store.
It really looks amazing though..i look forward to copying it soon.
84 days, huh? That seems doable! I never actually thought of it in days...just months. I like it!! Thanks for the inadvertant cheer up :)
Take care, Dawn
Wow - I can totally tell a difference in the laundry room! Looks great! I am so jealous of your front-load washer and dryer. Mine are the basic "old fashion kind".
Hope you had a great New Year. Looking forward to seeing you!
We did the update and sending in the check yesterday so it wasn't too much fun for us either. I cringe when I think of all I could do with that money.
Your upgrades to the house look great. I also love your Mom's tree with only white packages.
I have a 1000 questions about the laundry remodel as we have that next on our list. We are installing the new floors in the master right now and that will take a couple of weeks.
Sooooo....
Did you have to move any plumbing? Did you need longer cords to reach the electrical outlet?
I hate my upper cabinets because I CAN'T REACH THEM! I can only reach the lowest shelf which makes it a total waste of space. I love the idea of a floor to ceiling pantry like your's.
Good luck waiting...LOoks like you had a merry christmas..we are just starting the paperchase
And I thought that I had the smallest bathroom on earth! Everything looks great!
- Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com
www.thewrittenword.wordpress.com
Everything looks great!!! You guys are doing an awesome job.
Post a Comment