Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hot Tubbin'

I know we're trying to save money. This adoption thing is pricey. But we decided to spoil ourselves and splurge on a hot tub. We figured with all our home improvements and my renewed interest in running, it's a great way to relax at the end of a day/run.

Since we are saving money, we certainly didn't get the mack-daddy with the neck-jets, waterfall, or the pop up TV. I joke with Jeff that we bought a deep, heated, kiddie-pool. (He doesn't like this) But it's perfect for us. It's in our sun room which is just off the master bath, so I can dash straight from the tub to the shower without going outside!! I'll get a picture of it soon.

The only problem we had is getting the chemicals right. We thought we did everything right and then this green stuff started showing up on the sides. We assumed it was algae and kept throwing in more algaecide. The problem kept getting worse, so we threw in more chemicals. It was only after we called the spa place that we learned it's not algae. It's copper. And guess what, algaecide (the stuff we kept poring in to kill the algae) is Copper!! Now we have to drain the thing, scrub the sides, and start again. Oh well. Well worth it.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Can't wait to hop in in a few weeks. But it's a shame y'all didn't get the pop up tv. I would've enjoyed a dip while watching Oprah.