Sunday, January 22, 2006

Another productive weekend

Our weekend started slow. I had to work Satuday and I didn't get up for the day today until noon or so. But once we got going, we really cranked it out!!

First, we decided to move the nursery to another room. The original one was constantly cold. We thought it was just because we always kept it closed off, but on closer inspection, we found out the duct work to that room is screwy. It will always be a cold room unless we fix the ducts. (And that ain't happenin' anytime soon) So we moved rooms.


The problem??? The new room was a nasty avacado kind of green. I swear it looked so much worse in person than in this photo. Jeff spent Saturday ripping out the carpet and then once I got moving we moved the furniture, shop-vac'd, Kilzed, and rolled the first coat of paint.



Here's the new color (pastel sage) and Jeff holding up the new nursery bedding. We decided the red floral one was just too hard to match with baby stuff. The new one is also from IKEA, but definately more "kiddie." And there's crib bedding to match. Now the whole thing is going to be green walls , pink bedding, and white furniture. I'm so excited to get finished with the nursery.


And! We even shaved the dog. Our poor dog is the victim of our cost cutting measures and now must suffer home grooming. I once took her to a groomer after one of my gooming efforts and, no kidding, she laughed. Very embarassing, but we did just save $50.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Um, I don't think I'll ask you to cut Jeffrey's hair, although he often looks just as pitiful after shearing. Love the nursery color - I'd probably do something similar if we had another. Glad you had fun this weekend!!! Miss ya.
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet Bonnie.

I think she looks proud of her very own, one-of-a-kind, personalized, hand-painted dish. And if someone would put some food in it, she'd be way happy!

Love love all your critters!
Nana

Anonymous said...

PS: To impress Deanna, I wanted to use the German word for "critters", but the only word that popped on Bablefish translates back to "organism". How wierd is that?

Nana

Dawn said...

I just came upon your blog, and the line about your dog being the victim of cost cutting measures has me laughing out loud. Too funny!!